Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Watching faces I don't know, erase the face of you...."

Photo Courtesy of idrilkeps.DeviantArt.com
Tokio Hotel - again!!!!
Hey, you guys - guess what! I got an interview with the owner of those awesome Tokio Hotel dolls! She saw my post about them, and then gave me her email, therefore, I was able to contact her! I love how the interview went; I got to - not only ask her about the dolls, but about Tokio Hotel, and just music in general. The interview is below!

--What inspired you to photograph dolls?: Seeing other people's pictures of their dolls, and recognizing the possibilities they DIDN'T explore, generally.

What inspired you to take this picture?: Tom's owner (my BFF) have been talking about visiting Berlin for 2 years, mainly to do some research for a series of fics we're writing together. The fics include the Tokio Hotel boys, and most of our dolls are characters from the fics. When we finally got to go to Berlin, the 3 Tokio Hotel look-a-like boys were a natural choice to bring. We wanted to take pictures of the boys with well-known Berlin landmarks, and the wall pieces at Potsdamer Platz were a natural choice, as they are accessible, and most people know about the Wall. The boys pose came natural, as the wind was heavy that day, and leaning to the wall was the only way to make them stand ;-)

Besides dolls, what else do you enjoy taking pictures of?: Generally people I love, and little things that make my life rich, like foods, tiny objects I appreciate and rooms I like. I also love taking pics of my daughter when she's dressed up or helping me out with the dolls.

What type of dolls are those in the picture (Barbie, Blythe, Bratz, etc....)?: They are all ball jointed dolls in "Super Dollfie" (SD) size. Bill is a limited IpleHouse Mars from 2008. Tom is a Soom Lupin. Georg is a LeekeDoll Brown limited head on a Soom Super Gem body. Both Soom bodies have jointed hands.

Did you use PhotoShop, or any other program/software, for the picture?: No. I may sometimes use PS to crop pics, but by default I never change anything before posting. This is mainly because I use a lot of time getting the angle and light right in the first place, but also because I don't trust my laptop screen to be correct, as there's no way of adjusting colours or light.

What's your favorite Tokio Hotel song?: I think World Behind My Wall and Dogs Unleashed at the moment, but it changes with my mood. The Humanoid City version of Noise, par example, is fantastic, but a bit noisy :-)

How long have you been a fan of Tokio Hotel for?: I discovered the band in a TV commercial in 2007, but I had seen pictures of Bill online before that. I got the Monsoon single for my daughter (born in 2000) since she liked the song, but I ended up getting all the albums, DVDs and books for myself.

What inspired you to photograph dolls?: Seeing other people's pictures og their dolls, and recognizing the possibilities they DIDN'T explore, generally.

Besides Tokio Hotel, what other bands do you listen to?: It varies a lot - I'm 35 years old, so I have a lot of former favourite bands to choose from. Still, at the moment, Lady Gaga, 30 seconds to mars and Madcon are some faves. I also listen to other Norwegian singers/bands, like Karpe Diem and Alexander Rybak. I'm pretty versatile, and I change music with my mood or what mood I want to create.-- The End.

-Just Lola

0 comments, so far - share your thoughts!:

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .