Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Broken Dollies

>February 08, 2011
Photo Courtesy of mini-lola22.deviantart.com
Greetings, dollies! Okay, so things have changed with this blog since yesterday; mainly just the template, but there are a few new "add-ons" that I'd like to point out.

Firstly, right besides the welcoming sign, there's a banner for "Invisible Children" - which is a very good organization to stop the abduction of children for use as child soldiers. To learn more about it, visit "InvisibleChildren.com". Oh, and while you're at my blog, please, click the "Invisible Children" banner I have up; it's free and each click will help earn school fees for an Ugandan child.

Secondly, there's a new chatbox; stroll down to the very bottom of the page, and you can't miss it. I added it there for you guys, so I really hope you use it. Thirdly, there's a poll almost directly above the new chatbox - vote! Fourthly, meet Mini-Lola; she's the blog's new mascot thingy, so you should be seeing a lot of her on here soon. Finally, last but not least, fifthly, I've changed the blog's title a bit - from *Dolls+Stuffs* to ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ *Dolls+Stuffs: Broken Dollies* ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ (ignore the hearts, please - long story). I thought *Dolls+Stuffs* just sounded way too childish, and it's not that there's anything wrong with that, but it just wasn't for me. Since changing the URL could cause confusion to some who may visit daily but aren't following, I've decided to keep the "dolls and stuffs" thing and simply just add "Broken Dollies" on the side. An older post I did, with someone over at GaiaOnline.com, was one of the main reasons for why I added "Broken Dollies" onto the title. The post was titled "Love Will Always Find You". There was an interview included in that post, and what inspired me was the way the girl answered the question "
What inspired you to take this picture?"; her answer was....

"I love how beauty can be perceived in many different ways, I wanted to capture something where something as pretty and delicate as a doll can show that even if a person has a few cracks and missing pieces they can still be beautiful and accomplish love, or even find it in the most obscure way possible."

- Lola

2 comments, so far - share your thoughts!:

Melissa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such sweet comments. You have found some amazing pictures. I had no idea there were such life-like dolls out there. Hope you are staying warm (wherever you are)!

Cloe Bowie said...

@Melissa -- Aww, sure thing, and thank you for your visit and comment, as well. :) You stay warm, too! <3

Post a Comment

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .